20 things to do on a rainy day. I love a sunny day – summer or winter – but realize rain is needed. I hate looking at brown grass and a fire ban especially during the summer. My ultimate would be if it poured every day from midnight to six am. Since that doesn’t happen I’d thought what we need is a list of things to do on a rainy day. That way I’m not wishing the day away or complaining. I have a go to list to embrace the day.
- Clean out your junk drawer (I think the majority of us have one)
- Go through one or two dresser drawers. Remember to toss everything on the bed or floor and really look at it before putting it back.
- Give yourself a facial. I often pick up a few when I see them on sale. They are nice to have as a treat when you have time.
- Pedicure and/or manicure
- Read a book – I mean seriously I shouldn’t have to put this on any list.
- Snail mail. Pick up some pretty blank cards – always good to have around. Sit down with a cup of coffee or beverage of your choice and drop some notes.
- Delete pictures off your phone and file in appropriate places
- Make chili, soup or any meal you can freeze and have on hand later.
- Go through your linens and donate or toss extras.
- Paint an accent wall.
- Make yourself a workout or relaxation playlist
- Try swapping your pictures around the house
- Re-pot any plants that are pot bound
- Stencil or wallpaper the inside of a closet. Use up that extra wallpaper you are holding on to or left over paint.
- Clean your fridge out. Ugh I know.
- Make yourself a delicious meal – maybe one that takes time you usually don’t have
- Start or finish a project you have been thinking about. Example one of those photo books of a vacation or celebration of a special time in your life.
- Do yoga, meditate, tai chi – you get the idea. You can find guided meditations and classes on YouTube and other places.
- Crafts. If you are like me have a Pinterest board of craft ideas. Check it out and pull out your supplies.
- Have a nap.
What would you add to the list?
You can always start now!