This is the second time I have taken the challenge and done Blog Battle. See below for the rules and the link to were the battle takes place!
This was crazy. No beyond crazy. There was no way this part of the initiation had been approved by the council. It had to be Alan’s way to weed out who he thought was undesirable. As if he had the right to decide who got in and who didn’t.
Liz had no problem racing through the exam and was out the door before anyone else. The map that appeared on her screen didn’t look too daunting at first glance, but now she was thinking she might have made a wrong turn. She would have retraced her steps if not for Alan’s remark when she left the arena.
Hope you are not afraid of the dark he had said. Well dark was what she was facing. The small opening in front of her looked like a cave entrance. Liz looked at the map again and visually retraced her steps. She didn’t see another route she could have taken. As far as she could see this is where she was supposed to be.
She knew if she stood here much longer the others would catch up to her. The spots on the junior counsel were coveted. Liz had to obtain one for her plan to proceed. She took a breath and headed for the cave opening.
The Prompt Word will be given the First Tuesday of Every Month.
Post your story by the 30th of the Same Month.
- 1000 words max (give or take a few)
- Fictional tale (or true if you really want)
- Any genre that fits within PG-13 (or less) Content – let’s keep this family friendly!
- Your story must contain the randomly chosen word(s) and/or be centered around the word meaning in a way that shows it is clearly related.
- Go for the entertainment value!
- Put a link back to your #BlogBattle Short Story in the comments section Blog Battlers
- Please tweet and otherwise share your battler buddies’ stories across social media.
- Use the hashtag #BlogBattle when tweeting all the stories so we can cross-share.
- Have fun!
You can always start now!