Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. So I thought I’d take a breath and give thanks.
- I am thankful that I’m finally at a point where I accept my past (or most of it!!) as it has brought me to where I am today. All my regrets, triumphs, loses and experiences. I will be the first to admit I’m still working on some things, but denial is not one of them. I have regrets from saying or not saying things, not doing things or confrontations I should have tackled at the time. I have accepted that I am a work in progress and I am okay with that. I like where and who I am right now.
- I am thankful that I have people in my life that are supportive and encouraging. I have friends that are theatre goers. I have a friend who will spend all day shopping (with lunch of course). I am part of an writer’s group. Plus I’m part of a supportive blogging community.
- I am thankful that I can still run for the bus.
- I am thankful for my home. I look around and I’m happy with what I see. I love the light that comes through the balcony door. I have trees out back that make me happy and again love the light that filters through them. Like right now as I type this post.
- I am thankful I have a day job that doesn’t crush my spirit.
- I am thankful that I still dream of possibilities and get excited over making plans and goals. That I add to my bucket list and get excited about that.
What are you thankful for? I’m also thankful I get to type this post, share it and send positive thoughts to everyone. Happy Thanksgiving.
You can always start now!