Reading is one of my favorite things to do. I love finding a new author and/or series and diving in. I thought I’d share the start of my reading list for 2017.
- The Chronology of Water by Lidia Yuknavitch. My friend and fellow blogger Wanda over at A Wandafulthing saw a Ted Talk with Lidia Yuknavitch, I then heard a podcast on Dear Sugar with her. So had to put her on my list. It is Lidia memoir.
- The Big Short by Michael Lewis. It is a friend favorite book – which she loaned me but I haven’t cracked open yet. Did see the film. The crash of the US housing marketing and the people who saw it coming.
- Big Magic by Melissa Gilbert. Unlocking and acknowledging our creativity.
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed. I found Dear Sugar Podcasts by accident and now I’m hooked. The book is some of her advice as Dear Sugar. She is also the author of Wild.
- Designing Your Life: how to build a well-lived joyful life by Bill Burnett & Dave Evans
- The War of Art: break through the blocks and win your inner creative battles by Steven Pressfield
- Not broken: songs are only half the story by Jewel. Heard her on a podcast and now have to read her book. Story of her life. Leaving home at 15, homeless, international superstar and how her writing and music held it all together.
I am late posting as I have already read Designing Your Life and did a post on it – see post on book here!
I will be looking for more books to read in 2017 so if you have any recommendations please let me know in the comments. I am always looking for a good read.
You can always start now!