I love a change of seasons. Fall has always been more like the start of the year for me than January. It is likely to do with school starting and people getting back up to speed after a lazy summer. I love school supplies, the paper, books and pens. I guess that is why I finally broke down and decided to start a bullet journal starting in September. When September rolls around I find I have more energy and focus to start new things – hence the bullet journal to keep me on track. I have already bought a collection of colored pens. Above is my bullet journal – note the plastic pocket that closes for tickets and notes. Too cool.
This is also the time of year I am collecting brochures and information on upcoming classes and events. I have already bought my season tickets to the theatre. Fall dates have been added to bullet journal! I have the program guide for the Fringe Festival and City Recreation on the coffee table. So here are a few more items on my fall to do list – hope it spurs you on to try a few news things this fall!
- Over at Wonderforest she has a video on painting roses using watercolors. Have to get the plastic tablecloth out for this!
- Of course I need a new large handbag to carry my bullet journal around. Check out the one I found on Amazon.
- Of course a new fall outfit is only appropriate. Found this one over at Stylesweekly.com. Note my outfit has nothing to do with work! Casual and play all the way.
- On my reading list so far is: 1) The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware 2) The mindful path to self-compassion by Christopher K. Germer, Ph.D. 3) Tiny, Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed 4) The Past by Tessa Hadley and 5) Female Nomad and Friends by Rita Golden Gelman
- Also want to get back into my Dear Sugar Podcasts
- I am going to try my hand at brush-lettering through tutorials over at Clementine Creative Design.
- Of course I am also going to plug away on my 101 in 1001 challenge list I started December 1, 2015. See November 2015 post for my reasoning to start challenge.
- Wanda over at A Wandafulthing and I will be continuing our monthly craft challenge.
I know I will be continuing adding to my fall “to do” list. There is National Novel Writing Month in November, book club starts back up and who knows what else might be happening in the city! I would love to hear what is on your fall list so please share. Hope this gets you motivated as I know I am with cooler temperatures after a hot and humid summer! Enjoy!!